Monday, November 21, 2011

current project.

I try not to purchase random balls of yarn just because I love the colour, texture or what have you. I like to have a plan or a project in mind, but all self control seems to fly out the window when I hear the words "50% off"!

I had no idea what I would do with this giant collection of 12 mini skeins all handpainted in the same gorgeous colours but I couldn't resist:)


The yarn is from Hand Painted Knitting Yarns, and this beautiful skein is a sea of texture, with 60 yards of each yarn, ranging from fine merino to boucle and glitters. At first I thought that I would make a triangle shawl, but because I was concerned about the colour pooling, and the different weights and textures of yarn I decided that I would have some fun and try my hand at free form crochet. I thought that I would start by crocheting a collection of different motifs...


...and when I'm done I will lay them all out and see what they want to be. I am hoping for a shawl. Not much of a plan, but I will keep you posted.


kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment