Monday, July 11, 2011

current project - maia shawl by lisa naskrent.

I just completed the Maia Shawl by Lisa Naskrent. I made this shawl once before and it is by far my favorite shawl pattern. The yarn that I chose is Lace Silk by Handmaiden Fine Yarn (100% Hand Dyed Silk). It's the kind of yarn that once you pick it up you know that you will never be able to put it down.

I decided that I wanted more of a scarf then a shawl so made it smaller than what the pattern called for and I did 5 instead of 3 fan rows.








If you are interested in making the Maia Shawl you can find the pattern here.


kim.

2 comments:

  1. this is insanely stunning! i bought this pattern because i saw your picture on ravelry! just wish the yarn wasnt so expensive! but im part way through making one in wool, but im looking into some silk/silk mix to make it again :)

    thanks for the stunning pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much for your comment!!! The first Miai Shawl I made using a wool/silk blend and for this one I splurged and treated myself :) I actually prefer working with a wool blend but the silk is so pretty and I'm seriously in love with Lisa Naskrent shawl patterns!!!

      Delete